The Alphabet XIs: X
We’ve been assisted by the 51allout senior research executives Al and Matt in finding some of these players; let’s face it, we’re clutching at straws here but at least selecting a Chinese woman and a Greek means we don’t have to rely on Xavier Doherty.
- Nikhil Xavier (Oman U19s 2007) 5 Matches, 26 runs @ 6.50, 8 wickets @ 16.75 Scored 16 and took 3/24 on his debut against Thailand U19s. Has barely been seen since.
- *+Victor Xulu (KwaZulu-Natal 2010) 1 First Class Match, 0 runs, 1 List A Match, 10 runs He opened the batting in his only first-class appearance, a few days later he kept wicket for in his only limited overs appearance for KwaZulu-Natal. We think the South African selectors have lost his contact details.
- Mzondo Xundu (Easterns U19s 2010) 1 Match, 38 runs @ 19.00 Unfortunately, Easterns lost to Gauteng in this CSA U19s match, despite the brave efforts of Xundu.
- Georgios Xenakis (Greece 2009) Australian born cricketer 5 Matches, 15 runs @ 5.00, 1 wicket @ 16.00 Born in Australia, this all-rounder (rarely batted, rarely bowled) appeared in the European Championship Division Five. It doesn’t bode well that his picture on www.cricket.gr shows him playing football.
- Zhang Xinliang (China 2009-2010) 8 Matches, 17 runs @ 4.25, 6 wickets @ 23.17 His record suggests he’s better than Fu Xianchao. Nonetheless, China still lost each game that he played.
- Fu Xianchao (China 2009) 5 Matches, 3 runs @ 1.50, 1 wicket @ 132.00 Tailender who played for China. In the Asian Cricket Council Trophy Challenge they suffered heavy (very very heavy) defeats to Iran, Thailand and Maldives, before beating Burma in the 7th place play-off.
- B Xavier (Dominica 1977) 2 Matches, 3 runs, 4 wickets @ 11.75 Look, Dominica is a country and it’s in the Caribbean, ergo Mr Xavier must have been reasonable enough at cricket, even he only played two matches in the Heineken Trophy.
- E Xulu (NF Oppenheimer’s XI 2002) 1 Match, 0 runs, 0 wickets In what appears to be his solitary appearance in senior cricket, against the touring Bangladeshis no less, Mr Xulu was run out for a duck and bowled four wides in his three overs, conceding 27 runs in total.
- Andreas Xiarchos (Stamford Homes) Cricketer who plays for a Grimsby-based team in the Lincolnshire League. Against Hibaldstow in 2010 he deposited “a huge six onto the upper branches of the tallest tree on the ground during a handy 17” according to thisisgrimsby.co.uk
- Lundi Xhongo (Western Province 2004) 1 First Class Match, 0 runs, 0 wickets, 1 List A Match, 1 run @ 1.00, 0 wickets By not batting and bowling seven overs in two innings, Xhongo contributed to Western Province beating North West by an innings.
- Yang Yu Xuan (China Women 2007-2010) 6 Matches, 0 runs, 1 wicket @ 44 Bats left-handed, bowls right-handed and is 5’7” tall. Oh, and is a woman as well.